The Data Transfer area enables you to set up FTP profiles as well as schedule imports and exports of data. Imports and exports can be scheduled to run one time or set to run on a regular schedule.
Scheduled Exports are used to export event data, subscriber information or self-registered subscribers from the Engage application so that you can better monitor your subscriber data. You can also use this feature to regularly sync or feed the information back to your CRM or CIS system.
To access the Data Transfer functions, click the Account Settings gear icon, then choose Data Transfer.
The Data Transfer page is then displayed, defaulting to Scheduled Imports. Next, click the Scheduled Exports tab.
Result: The Scheduled Exports page displays.This page displays any scheduled exports in a table format. The following information is displayed:
- Job Name: Displays the name given to the export job.
- Status: Displays the status of the export job: active, paused, failed, or expired.
- Type: Displays the type of data that is being exported: Subscribers or Events.
- Modified: The date and time the export job was last modified.
- Last Run: The date and time that the export job was last run.
- Next Run: The date and time that the export job is next scheduled to run.
- Actions: Displays the actions which can be taken on the export jobs. Not all options are available for all statuses. For more information on the actions you can take, see the Managing Exports section below.
Schedule a New Export
To schedule a new export, follow the steps below:
- Click the New Export button on the top right of the page.
Result: The first page of the New Export wizard displays.
- From the Export Type drop down list, select whether you want to export Event Data or Subscriber information.
- In the Job Name field, enter the name that you would like to assign to the export job.
- In the FTP Profile field, select the FTP profile that should be used for this job.
Note: The FTP Profiles that you have established will be listed as values in this field. See FTP Profiles for and overview, or Set Up FTP Profiles for setup details.
- In the File Name field, enter a name for the file that you would like used when it is saved to the secure FTP site.
- In the Frequency field, select the interval at which you would like the job to be run: (Run Once, Every Day, Every Week, Every Month) or choose Set Custom Frequency to specify an interval in minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months.
If you're exporting Event data, you'll have two more fields for the interval of events you want to export - Start Date and End Date:
- In the Start Date field, choose the beginning of the interval of data you want to export. This defaults to exactly one week ago from the current time you open the page.
- In the End Date field, choose the end of the interval of data you want to export. This defaults to the current time when you open the page.
- To save the information entered, click Next.
Result: The screen that displays next is dependent on whether you selected to export Event Data (See Event Data Exports) or Subscribers (See Subscriber Exports).
After you have entered the more detailed export information and clicked Save, the Scheduled Export page displays with the export created listed in the table. From the table, you can access the export history or pause the scheduled export.
- To view the export history, click the History (paper) icon. A table listing the jobs export history displays.
- To pause an active scheduled export, click the Pause icon.
Note: When the export is paused, the Edit, Delete, and Run icons are available.
- To modify a scheduled export, click the Pause icon (if the export is active), and then click the Edit (paper and pencil) icon.
Result: The Scheduled Export wizard displays.
- To delete a scheduled export, click the Pause icon (if the export is active), and then the Delete icon.
Result: A screen displays asking you to confirm the deletion of the scheduled export job.
- To resume the process of a Paused scheduled export, click Run.