There are some basic functions you may want to undertake once you have opened an Engage account with Questline.
Change Your Password
You may have been given a temporary password when you first were granted Engage access.
You can change your password at any time in Engage. The following minimum password requirements are enforced in order to ensure the security of your data.
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain at least 1 uppercase letter
- Must contain at least 1 lowercase letter
- Must contain at least 1 number or special character
Note: To prevent unauthorized access to your account, your account will be temporarily locked after five attempted logins with an incorrect password. When this happens, you must use the Forgot Password? link on the login page to reset your password.
To change your password, follow the steps below:
- In the menu bar area at the top of the Engage screen, click on the User Settings icon as shown here:
Result: The User Settings menu displays.
- Click the Edit Profile link in the User Settings menu.
Result: The Edit Profile screen displays, showing your First and Last name fields, Email address, Time Zone selection, and Password fields.
- In the New Password field, enter your new password.
- In the Confirm Password field, enter your new password a second time.
- Click Save Changes.
Result: The Account Settings page reloads and your new password is saved.
Once you set up an Engage account, you may want to set up an FTP profile for your company.
An FTP profile is used to define a secure FTP site for use when transferring files to and from your Engage account. FTP Profiles are used with the Scheduled Import and Scheduled Export features. FTP Profiles require the use of SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) to ensure protection of your customer data. SFTP sites can be set up and maintained by either your corporate IT staff or Questline technical staff. For assistance in establishing an FTP site hosted by Questline, contact your Account Manager.
- Click the Account Settings icon. In the dropdown menu that appears, click Data Transfer.
Result: The Data Transfer screen appears.
- In the tabs at the top of the Data Transfer screen, select FTP Profiles.
Result: The FTP Profiles page displays.
- All of the FTP Profiles created are listed in the table. The following information is shown for each profile:
- Edit: Allows you to modify the FTP profile’s information.
- Copy: Make an additional copy of the currently selected FTP Profile, which you can then modify.
- Delete: Allows you to delete the FTP profile. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.
- FTP Name: Displays the name given to the FTP profile.
- Host Name: Displays the host URL of the FTP site.
- User Name: Displays the name of the user with permission to transfer files.
By hovering over an FTP profile, you can display three icons on the right-hand side of the row allowing you to Edit, Copy, or Delete the FTP Profile.
On the FTP Profiles page, click the New Profile button.
Result: The New FTP Profile page displays.
- In the Profile Name field, enter a descriptive name for the profile.
Note: This will appear in the drop-down selection when setting up a new data import or export job.
In the Host Name field, enter the URL of the FTP site that Engage will be connecting to.
- In the User Name field, enter the name of the FTP user with permission to transfer files.
- In the Password field, enter the password value that will be used to transfer files.
- In the Confirm Password field, reenter the password value.
- In the Port field, enter the port required for the FTP site.
Note: Typically, SFTP sites use port 22.
- To verify that the Engage system can connect to the FTP site, click the Test Connection button.
- To save the profile information entered, click Save Changes. Or click Cancel to exit without saving.
Engage includes a preference center that can be used by your customers to manage their subscription preferences and to opt out of future communications. This preference center can be customized to display appropriate branding, colors and text to ensure a consistent brand experience for your customers.
From the Preference Center area, you can also manage Subscriptions. Subscriptions are essentially a topic that can contain multiple Campaigns. From your Preference Center, a subscriber can choose to opt out of individual subscriptions, and therefore choose not to receive emails on specific topics. To create a new Subscription, all you need to do it give it a name. You can edit or delete any existing Subscription as well.
While you can attach a Subscription to a new campaign from the Campaign Wizard, you can also attach a Subscription to an existing campaign when editing the Subscription here. You can also remove Campaigns from under a Subscription when editing here.
Sender Profiles are used to specify the From and Reply-to information that is part of an email header. A Sender Profile can be used for multiple different email sends. A Sender Profile consists of a Mail Stream, From Address, From Name, Reply Address, and Reply Name. After the Sender Profile is established, you won’t have to reenter these individual elements into the header again.
In addition to saving data entry time, Sender Profiles should be used for maximum deliverability and to maintain brand consistency of where email messages appear to be sent from.
The Sender Profiles screen is accessible from the Account Settings menu shown up above on this page.
You can set up a New Profile with the New Profile button. Provide a Profile Name, select a Mail Stream, and add a From Address (which should fit the form [name]@email.engagemsg.com for Marketing mail streams and [name]@info.energyemails.com for Transactional mail streams).
From name, reply Name, and Reply Address can use static text, or can be filled in dynamically using variables from your subscriber records.